Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 BBQ Season

It is officially 2011 and the competition bbq season is right around the corner and I can't wait to compete. I'll be stepping up my game this season thanks to a few new tools in my arsenal. I built a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker), I got 4 kick ass knives and a set of Bear Paws for Christmas and John Boos Co. donated a beautiful wooden cutting board to the team. The goal for 2011 is to win our first Grand Championship.
I plan on entering the team into at least 8 of the 11 NYS bbq competitions this season and would like to rank in the Empire State BBQ Championship. I am also hoping to obtain sponsorship to help pay some of the costs that are associated with competing. Hopefully my next post will be to let you know that we got a team sponsor. But for now, I will be out in my backyard, practicing in the cold and snow, and thinking about the upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment