Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Upcoming Events

The Smoke 'N Barrel is teaming up with Brian of Ma's Que Crew this weekend in New Paltz, NY to compete in the Hudson Valley Ribfest at the Hudson Valley Fairgrounds. There will be 70 teams competing in this event, all fighting to be the Grand Champion. Let's see if I can keep a consistent score in pork, and up my skills in the chicken, ribs and beef categories. If you keep the Kosher Salt away from me, it shouldn't be difficult to do better in the chicken category, but we'll see. Check out the website: http://www.hudsonvalleyribfest.org/

There is another local competition over Labor Day Weekend called A Taste of Tanger, being held at the Tanger Outlets in Deer Park, on Sat and Sun, September 4th and 5th. The Smoke 'N Barrel is still on the fence about entering into this competition. I really want to enter, but I'm not crazy about spending my final weekend of the summer away from my family and friends. If I don't compete, I will be having a bbq/pool party at my house on Saturday. What's on the menu? BBQ! So, if i'm not bbq'in in a competition, I'll be bbq'in my backyard. I guess I will base my decision on the results of this weekend. Check out the website: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/tanger.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment