Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Battle of the BBQ Brethren 2010

y first competition was The Battle of the BBQ Brethren IV held at the Suffolk County PAL in Holtsville, NY on August 7th and 8th, 2010. My team, The Smoke 'N Barrel, consisted of myself, my Step-Father Chris and my Uncle Lenny.
Before I get into the competition, let me give you a little history about myself. I have been grilling and barbequing in my backyard for a long time, but never in a competition, so I didn't know what to expect. About a year ago, I joined the forum website http://www.bbq.brethren.com/. It was the knowledgeable and friendly men and women that I met on this website that encouraged me to enter into a competition. I read through numerous threads about barbecue, food prep, competition, site setup, etc. Without the help of the brethren, I wouldn't have been as organized and prepared as I was.
I learned so many things and had such a good time at my first event that I now have the itch to keep entering into bbq competitions. The fact that I took 4th place out of 37 teams in the pork category and won my first trophy also helps. Looking forward to my next competition, A Taste of Tanger.
Here are some pictures from the event.
 

1 comment: